Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Premonitory Anecdote

A gentleman at the bar last night, by way of good wishes for my upcoming marriage, told me this tiny story about his parents:
-----------------------------------------
"My parents have been together for 57 years.
They met in grade school & crushed on each other,
became sweethearts in high school,
got married as soon as they could,
and have been together since.

"Recently, Dad told Mom that if she dies first, he couldn't see it being more than two weeks before his own heart gave up and he joined her on the Other Side. Only slightly kidding, Mom said,

"What on Earth could you possibly have to do for two weeks?"
-----------------------------------------

What a wonderful thing.
Makes my skin crawl with recognition.

Four days 'til the Weddin.
See you soon.

All my love,

rd

No comments: